Instagram is a platform for today’s generation to explore their creative side while taking photos and sharing them with their friends. Most People share their work and they create their own personal brand and it’s the most amazing app to discover great content from all over the world.
It is the most favorite and most used app of our generation and that’s why it is the most targeted social networking sites by the hackers. Getting hacked by cybercriminals is the scariest situation to be in especially if you own a business and use Instagram to make sales or generate a lead.
So here are some tips to keep your Instagram account safe:
- First, you need a Gmail account to sign up to make sure your email account is secure.
- Next pick a strong password. Always use a combination of at least six numbers, punctuation marks, and upper case letters and it should always be different from other passwords you use.
- Enable two-factor authentication of your Instagram. To enable two-factor authentication first link your mobile number to your account. And then follow these steps: Go to your Instagram profile and now click on the three dots in the top right corner then tap on Two Factor Authentication now turn on require Security Code. Verify your phone number and then Screenshot your backup codes.
- Make it a private account. It’s better to keep your account private than to make it available to be seen by everyone to decrease the chances of getting hacked. To make your profile private follow these steps: Go to Instagram profile and then Click on the three dots in the top right corner. At the bottom of the page, you’ll find Private Account option. Turn the button to blue. Activating private option means that only who follow you can see your online photos and statuses.
- Keep your Insta Profile Information Private. In EDIT PROFILE area don’t write any personal information that could be used against. And do not show your Activity Status.
- Don’t expose your current location. The most important step you can take to keep yourself secure from identity theft and hide your account’s credentials from cybercriminals is to make sure your location services in Instagram is turned off.
- Don’t post provocative or violent photos and never engage in online bullying